Monday, 11 November 2013
Having a Christmas party and want your make-up to look fabulous? Whatever your occasion to get your make-up to have the best finish possible it's all about the preparation. Even with the best make-up if your skin is not prepared it can clump, make your skin look dry and ever worse add 10 years to you! Here is my tried and tested party prep. Give it a go and tell me how you got on.
Cleanse the skin first using one for your skin type. I recommend Ultra Bland from Lush as it is for all skin types, even the most sensitive.
1. Massage a pea size directly on to the skin (don't forget the neck) in circular motions and remove with a damp cotton wool/flannel/muslin cloth. Use warm water as it will help remove dirt and impurities but also your skin will like you for it (the skin hates anything too warm or too cold)
2. You can tone the skin at this stage to make sure that you have removed all dirt however I reapply Ultra Bland and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes. I absolutely love products that do more than one thing, this can be used as a mask, cleanser, lip balm, cuticle cream, eye brown shaper, the list is endless. If you are not using this product apply a mask after toning.
3. Remove the product. I love using a damp flannel and to used circular motions to slightly exfoliate the skin. This is going to give your foundation/powder the smooth, natural, no clump finish. Be gentle as you don't want a red face!
4. Apply a serum, I love L'Occitane's Precious serum. Sweep a pea size over the face and neck and lock and seal by patting it in to the skin.
5. You are ready for your moisturiser! pea size again. A little goes a long way with concentrated products and I recommend the L'Occitane's Divine Cream which is for all skin types.
Leave applying your make-up for about 5 to 10 minutes. Use a tissue to remove any access oil and you are ready for your make-up.